Fulton, Missouri boasts more than 90 buildings on the National Register of Historic Places. Like Loganberry Inn, many of them are centered around the downtown “Brick District.” The inn is three short blocks from Court Street. This main thoroughfare features brick streets and vintage buildings that house a variety of shops and restaurants.
Here are a few of our guests’ favorites:
- Sault’s Pharmacy has a 1940’s soda fountain, where patrons can enjoy floats, old-fashioned phosphates and other ice cream treats.
- Art House represents over 100 regional artists. Guests can find big art at small town prices.
- 1920’s movie theatre is being transformed into the Brick District Playhouse.
- A variety gift shops with home and fashion accessories, custom embroidery and engraving, scrapbooking and craft supplies, bookstore, antique shops and more. Two top ETSY retailers now call the Brick District Home.
Gourmet foods, restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops and other treats:
- Brooklyn Pizza offers Jersey Pie, traditional pizza and calzones, handmade by the owners who hail from Brooklyn.
- Fontenot’s is a family-owned Cajun restaurant serving authentic fare, including Po’boys on bread brought in from New Orleans.
- Find weekday lunch plates featuring made from scratch Cuban specialities at Fulton Cafe.
- Beks serves up fine American fare, seasonal specialties and housemade cheesecakes.
Major Brick District Festivals:
- April – Morels and Microbrews, celebrating the best of spring with fried and fresh morel mushrooms, music and local beers.
- May – Callaway Plein Air, where artists to fan out across the community to capture Callaway County on canvas.
- June – Fulton Street Fair, with live music, mule pulling, mutton and more.
- September – Art on the Bricks, celebrates the bounty of the season with fine art, food, live music, farmers market and pumpkin patch.
- November – Holiday Sneak Peek offers carolers, wagon rides, festive shop windows, shopping specials and fun for all ages.
- December – Holiday Parade and Sneaky Snowman event.
A complete list of area events and activities is available at VisitFulton.com.